Every newly recruited carer is taken through our induction and shadowing process. This helps to familiarise new staff with our way of working and to seamlessly integrate with other carers. Shadowing is especially a very valuable way of introducing the carer to the prospective service user and a starting point for cultivating positive relationships. For those new to care altogether it also provides a unique supervised opportunity to experience firsthand what some of the caring roles will entail.
While we value both formal and informal care experience, our rigorous recruitment and selection process particularly looks out for individuals with:
- A caring and compassionate attitude
- Attentive to detail and organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team workers
- Keen interest to develop and improve on the job
- Friendly, warm and enthusiastic personality.
- Positive attitude to work
- Good time management
- Share our values